Has your child ever vomited on the bed, soiling the mattress?
Vomit is among the nastiest messes to clean up and can leave a stubborn stain. What’s more, vomit can leave a notoriously long lasting smell if not cleaned immediately. Our recent customer was smart enough to call a professional cleaning expert like Marco when he noticed the extent of the staining.
How to clean vomit off a mattress
- Ventilate the room so that the smell of vomit won’t circulate in the area. Wear a mask if the stench is overpowering.
- Wear gloves to avoid exposure especially if the vomit is from a person with a viral or bacterial infection and use towels to absorb moisture.
- Use a spoon or a spatula to scoop up the solid parts and put them in a plastic bag or dustpan.
- Clean the remaining stain as much as possible and if your efforts don’t remove the stains completely and there is a lingering odour, call a professional upholstery cleaner to deep clean your mattress.
Why call an expert mattress cleaner for serious stains
Because mattresses are thick they can absorb moisture quickly. Cleaning a mattress can also be tricky because it takes a long time to dry. Professional cleaning with Chem-Dry Southwestern uses natural cleaning methods that use only a fraction of the water compared to steam cleaning. This makes drying time faster and reduces the chances of mould growing in a damp mattress .
How Marco removed the vomit stains and smells from the mattress
- Marco first made sure that no solid particles were left from the vomit and used towels to blot the excess moisture.
- He then vacuumed the mattress thoroughly to get rid of any loose particles like dust and dirt.
- Next, he used Chem-Dry Green Monster Pre-spray for the stained area.
- Marco then applied Upholstery Wet Foam to clean the rest of the mattress
- Lastly, he rinsed all products using Chem-Dry’s natural cleaning methods.