The dangers of untreated mould in your home
A mould is a fungus that grows outdoors and indoors. Moulds reproduce by releasing spores that spread into the environment. Mould spores in larger quantities can cause allergies and respiratory issues. Some types of mould can release dangerous toxins that can be life threatening. That’s why you want to arrange for mould to be removed as soon as you see it.
Where there is moisture there may be mould
Mould thrives in damp conditions including areas that don’t have good ventilation. A humid climate also promotes mould incubation. Unchecked mould in your home can be dangerous to your health.
Moulds commonly grow in these areas of your home:
- Bathrooms & Showers
Water spots on everyday items like clothing can even be potential breeding ground for mould growth.
What to do if you discover mould growth in your home
- Look for the source of moisture. If it’s a broken pipe or a hot water system leak, call the right experts to address the root of the problem.
- Ventilate your home properly so that moisture can escape your home.
- Make sure you properly maintain your air conditioner so it doesn’t get clogged and attract mould growth.
- You can install a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture in the air.
- Call an expert professional to detect and remove mould from your home.
How Chem-Dry mould removal works:
- First, our technician will find the source of the moisture and will advise you if you need to seek the help of another expert.
- Next, we will make sure the mould affected room is dry using our industrial dehumidifiers (insurance approved drying equipment) that helps remove moisture.
- In some cases we also install hepa air-filtration to counter airborne mould spores.
- We will then begin cleaning and removing the mould.
- Lastly, we will also treat the affected area with a mould inhibitor.